[ubuntu-uk] Webcam for Ubuntu

Pete Stean peteste at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 24 18:24:31 BST 2007

It's fine - that's the model I have - works with Kopete and with aMSN no
probs  - the mic is a bit crap on mine though but it depends from unit to
unit I understand, I use a desktop mic instead

Pete

On 24/08/07, Rob Beard <rob at esdelle.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> One of the guys on our local LUG list has been trying for ages to get a
> webcam for his Linux box running Ubuntu.  Well it looks like he's found
> one.
>
> The Logitech Quickcam Communicate STX Plus is £24.99 at the moment at
> Argos and it supposedly it works really well and it's plug and play on
> Ubuntu Feisty 7.04!
>
> This has to be good news.  I wonder if Logitech are starting to use
> supported chipsets?
>
> Rob

'In letters of gold, on a snow-white kite, I will write "I Love You!"
And send it soaring high above you, for all to read!'

RIP Billy M 1957-1997