[ubuntu-uk] Professionally printed leaflets

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Fri Aug 17 15:17:37 BST 2007

Hi folks,

I have e-mailed a company in Bristol for a quote on leaflet printing
(I found them on Google).

I've had the following back from them (I e-mailed over a PDF of the
"Had enough?" beta leaflet).

I've had the following back from them...

----
HELLO, PRICE AS REQUESTED:

A4 FOLD TO 1/3 A4
FOUR COLOUR ON BOTH SIDES
130 GSM GLOSS
TRIM AND FOLD
DELIVER TO ONE MAINLAND UK ADDRESS

2500 = £192

5000 = £230

YOUR ARTWORK LOOKS GREAT, BUT WOULD BENEFIT FROM A COUPLE OF TWEAKS.

PLEASE CALL ME ON 01454 319676 TO DISCUSS.

REGARDS, MIKE EDMONDS
----

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing a bulk purchase at all?

It works out at about 7p a leaflet if we buy 2,500 or about 5p if we
get 5000.  This includes shipping to one mainline UK address so if say
10 or 20 of us all chipped in we could maybe get 250 leaflets each
from about £12.50 each (of course one of us would have to receive the
delivery (or collect it from Bristol) and then distribute each batch
of leaflets out.

I'm not sure how this compares to other print shops, I just thought a
big bulk order would work out cheaper for us all rather than having
small runs of maybe 100 leaflets done each.

What does everyone think?

Ta,

Rob