[ubuntu-uk] Imaging Ubuntu

Neil Greenwood neil.greenwood.lug at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 20:17:22 BST 2007

On 16/08/07, Chris Rowson <christopherrowson at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'd check out partimage. (www.partimage.org). I've not used it the way
> > you want but the WEB page implies it will do the job.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Tony.
>
> Hey Tony - thanks.
>
> I took a quick look at partimage before, but couldn't seem to be able
> to get it to save directly to a CD. I'll revisit it.

If you can't get the CD writing working, you can set up one machine as
a server and restore the image across the network.

Of course, this assumes that the box you're building will have network access...

Regarding building a .deb from the package: who cares if anyone else
will use it? If it makes your life easier, do it anyway! You can
always make it available if anyone else is interested, but the main
reason for building the .deb is to make it easier for you to install
it again and again.

Hwyl,
Neil.