[ubuntu-uk] Application to listen to online radio

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Thu Aug 16 06:35:52 BST 2007

Colin Murphy wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-08-15 at 23:45 +0100, Alec Wright wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 2007-08-15 at 23:41 +0100, Colin Murphy wrote:
>> > Can anyone give any advise on getting the 'Listen Live' link on
>> > www.helpmechill.co.uk to work.
>> >
>> Is that the right URL? It's an ad farm.
>
> Sorry again, s/be www.helpmechill.com

It works ok for me here. (looking for helpful thread for information....)

Ah yes - information that alan pope kindly gave:
From: Alan Pope <alan at pxxxx.com>
To: British Ubuntu Talk <ubuntu-uk at lists.ubuntu.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 22:18:56 +0100
Subject: Re: [ubuntu-uk] Firefox and BBC video (sigh)

[snip]

Add the medibuntu repo as per these instructions - this is so you can
install the necessary codecs.
http://www.medibuntu.org/repository.php

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get remove totem-mozilla
sudo apt-get install mozilla-mplayer w32codecs

You should then find that opening firefox and going to any of the bbc
realplayer pages you can click "play in realplayer" and it should work
in the browser.

I note that previous to this I was using the real.com binary, and
before following the above instructions I systematically found and
deleted anything that Real installed (quite a lot of effort for a
couch gui user like me)  just to keep things 'clean'. I am not sure if
that was necessary or not.

FWIW - I am using firefox, kubuntu 7.04

--
alan cocks