[ubuntu-uk] transfering files

Gav Ford revford at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Aug 11 17:29:10 BST 2007

On Sat, 2007-08-11 at 16:04 +0100, michaelweaver wrote:
> However I can't seem to change directories to my PC drive so I can't
> mput my files to my web space.
> How do I get to my stored files to upload them?
> I keep getting an error message denying me access to my home directory
> on my PC and my pages are stored under home in a directory I have
> created called website.

The ftp commands for the local machine are the same as for the remote,
but with a 'l' in front.

For example, cd becomes lcd, ls becomes lls.

So once you are connected try:

  lcd /home/you/website

Or even quicker, you could change to the directory where you store the
files in your terminal before you type ftp.

I hope that helps.

  -Gav