[ubuntu-uk] missing punctuation in ubuntu

michaelweaver weavermicha at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 3 13:21:27 BST 2007

Why can I not get Quotes or Apostrophes in Ubuntu?
my keyboard has been assigned to UK yet every time I do a quote or an
Apostrophe it is not accepted and I either get a beeping noise when I
type Apostrophe and when I do Quote and then backspace it out I get a
beeping sound?
It is really annoying as I am trying to create a web site and it means I
cannot specify links or email field and it messes up text.
What seems to happen is that the letter following an Apostrophe
disappears I think or the writing appears without the Apostrophe.