[ubuntu-uk] Freecycle / Ubuntu tie-up????

Dave Murphy dave at schwuk.com
Fri Aug 3 10:23:44 BST 2007

On Thu, 2007-08-02 at 16:50 +0100, Mark Harrison wrote:
> I've created a Facebook group with the following description:

Although I'm a Facebook user myself, I'm not comfortable with making
Facebook membership a requirement for contribution to groups and I my
feelings won't change on this as long as it remains a walled garden.
There are many other places (e.g. Google Groups, Ning) that provide the
same or more functionality that Facebook does, but makes the data
public.

(I will admit to joining the group in it's present home though.)
> If you're interested in doing the following:
>
> - Saying "yes" to the odd PC components that always come up on Freecycle
> - Collecting them, putting them together, installing Ubuntu
> - Offering a working machine back to your local Freecycle
>
> ... then this is the group for you.

It's a great idea, and one that I wholeheartedly support (although may
not have the time to contribute to much).
--
Dave Murphy - http://www.schwuk.com