[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu Usage in the UK

Mark Harrison Mark at yourpropertyexpert.com
Wed Aug 1 16:07:19 BST 2007

I wouldn't describe my (property) site as popular, but it's a very
specific, not-IT niche, and over 70% of my visitors are from the UK -
actually, given the nature of my content, this is too low :-)

If I look at the 956 discrete visitors I got in July (as reported by
Google analytics).

- 93% Windows
- 5% Macintosh
- 1% "Not set"
- 0.5% "Linux"

Within "Linux", the "version ID" wasn't set for any of them.

By comparison, the Browser figures are more varied:

- 75% Internet Explorer
- 21% Firefox
- 2.5% Safari (which suggests that half of the Mac users must be using
something else!)
- 2% Opera
- 0.1% Netscape

Over 99.5% of visitors supported Java. Over 99.5% had 16-bit colour or
better, almost 90% having 32-bit colour now.

Screen resolutions show that XGA (1024x768) is still the most common,
but that HIGHER resolutions rather than LOWER are now the bulk:

- 48% - 1024x768
- 18% - 1280x1024
- 12% - 1280x800
- 4.3% - 800x600
- 4.0% - 1440x900
- 2.9% - 1152x864
- 2.6% - 1680x1050
- 1.5% - 1400x1050
- 1.5% - 1600x1200
- 1.1% - 1280x768

Does anyone know what resolution braille readers report?

Mark