[ubuntu-uk] Loading Fiesty into Mac mini

Robin Menneer robinmenneer at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 16:37:32 BST 2007

Thank you severally for your long mails.  I've loaded Picasa easily using
the file name you gave me, and now think that f-spot may be better, but I do
need the straighten facility, hence going for Fiesty (apart from its other
improvements unknown to me).
I'm happy with the suggestion that you use me as a guinea-pig for installing
Fiesty, providing you keep things simple and have plenty of patience.  Bear
in mind, please, that I don't need music and motion pictures, but do want
OOo Writer and Draw in a version that doesn't mess me about.  I do require
things that are as reliable as software ever is (discounting Windows of
course).
I'm happy to give feedback on how well a package installs and performs for
an oldie, including interface ergonomics,  but cannot cope with coding any
longer.
As regards timing, I can fit in most mornings after 10am or afternoons but
am less alive after 4pm, and have a hands-free phone which makes things
easier.  Probably this coming Friday, Saturday or Sunday would suit assuming
the hardware is delivered.  Otherwise next week.  Installation isn't
desperately urgent, I just want it right and good, please.
Yrs    Robin