[ubuntu-uk] "Space" error

Phil Bull philbull at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 09:34:58 BST 2007

Hi Sean,

On Mon, 2007-04-23 at 09:02 +0100, Sean Miller wrote:
> David Morley wrote:
> > Also did you follow the instructions in the screenshot?
> >
> I did the "clean", but as my "Deleted Items" is empty always (I do it
> almost as a ritual - if you want to delete something, why keep it?) I
> didn't have to do that one - but I checked, and there was nothing there!
>
> Is the solution, then, to simply say that we'll use the command line? So
> the tool has an issue and the Ubuntu community have no way of sorting
> it? That is not the way I normally work...
>
> I shall then, presumably, be sorted... but the thousands of folks who
> get the same error who are not on this list will be no further forward
> and will simply switch to a different distro.
>
> Hardly good for Ubuntu, is it?
>
> Sean

This is a pretty strange error, and it could be a bug. The way that the
Ubuntu community sorts out issues is to file bugs and help developers to
fix the problems. Please don't be shy about filing bugs!

I found a few bugs which seemed similar to this [1] [2] [3]. You might
like to comment on one of the bugs with your own information on the
problem, and subscribe to the bugs so you get any further developments
emailed to you.

Thanks,

Phil

[1] -