[ubuntu-uk] Package Management

Kris Marsh moogman at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 20:36:19 BST 2007

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TimeBasedReleases#head-155ed55a47757cbcf0ec1d1488025d61909582bf

Any released version (i.e. Feisty/7.04) will only get backports.
Basically we're talking security updates or critical bugs that are
likely to effect a lot of users.

For new stable packages, you will need to wait until the next release
(Gutsy), or download a package/the source for the new stable app
version.

HTH,
Kris