[ubuntu-uk] Kubuntu

Tristan Wibberley tristan at wibberley.org
Sun Apr 22 13:32:44 BST 2007

On Thu, 2007-04-19 at 19:03 +0100, James Hargreaves wrote:
> For anyone downloading Kubuntu 7.04 desktop i386 , I suggest using the
> HTTP download, the torrent is much slower (>25kbps compared to ~70kbps
> for HTTP) at the moment.

Are you on British Telecom? I heard a rumour that bittorrent was
throttled and I was getting both slow download and slow upload for
Ubuntu 7.04 desktop i386 on Friday night. (bittorrent download was
estimated to take 17h, while HTTP download took 19 minutes).

Is there any way to test this throttling theory?

--
Tristan