[ubuntu-uk] Orange broadband

baz baza41 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 15:10:51 BST 2007

On Thu, 2007-04-19 at 14:49 +0100, Robin Menneer wrote:

>         On 4/19/07, Dianne Reuby <pramclub at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
>                 I've had a good report on Orange broadband, from
>                 someone who uses it to
>                 run his business. But the CD only list Windows, and
>                 website requirements
>                 state Windows. I've asked about Linux, but while I
>                 wait for a reply,
>                 does anyone else use Orange broadband with Ubuntu?
>
>                 TIA
>
>                 Dianne Reuby
>

>         Ive heard the complete opposite, I've heard Orange isn't very
>         good has a lot of drop outs, if you can do so choose Virgin
>         Media which was once Telewest Broadband(blueyonder), they
>         provide a very good connection. In my opnion the best one out
>         there! You will have no problems with Linux detecting it
>         either.

I have to agree: As an Orange user I can confirm that it has far to many
drop outs. I loose my broadband a couple of times per week for an hour
or so each time.

A number of times I have rang customer services about this, but gave up
when the person in the call centre, located somewhere in Indian I would
guess by their accent, kept trying to 'debug' my livebox despite me
saying the problem was with their service.

I've stopped using my Orange email address, and as soon as my contract
is up, I'm off.

Baz

--
http://walkertopia.com