[ubuntu-uk] NVU (was: upgrade to Fiesty)

TheVeech theveech at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 11:57:23 BST 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-18 at 11:48 +0100, Tony Arnold wrote:

> Dave Walker wrote:
> > On Wed, 2007-04-18 at 08:22 +0100, Tony Arnold wrote:
> >> baz wrote:
> >>
> >> <SNIP>
> >>
> >> Any idea why NVU is not in the repositories for Feisty?
> >>
> >> <SNIP>
> >
> > It's been dropped from the repositories as it is "Umaintained by
> > upstream."[1]
> >
> > It hasn't been updated since 28-06-2005 however there is an unofficial
> > bug-fix release called KompoZer[2], but that hasn't been updated since
> > 2006-07-26.
> >
> > [1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=393065
> > [2] http://kompozer.net/
>
> That's a shame, I liked NVU! I'll have to look for a different html
> editor now. Everyone seems to rave about Bluefish, but it's not WYSIWYG
> so far as I can tell.

Screem (http://www.screem.org/) is an excellent editor.  You don't
really need WYSIWYG, since it's easy to check things in your browser.
In fact Screem's that good that I don't know why more people don't
promote it.  Bluefish is okay, but I'd choose Screem every time -
there's nothing to stop you using/trying both.