[ubuntu-uk] proposed Bracknell activity

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Tue Apr 17 14:31:51 BST 2007

I would like to complement my regular bracknell computer fair
'Infopoint' activity with a bracknell town centre event some time this
year - maybe a simple leaflet handout, maybe something more
spectacular (?)

The 'Infopoint' table is geared for FOSS - Freedom Software, and
related information. The Linux element is substantially Ubuntu/Kubuntu.

A town centre event (handout?) could be 'In-Your-Face-Ubuntu/Kubuntu'
or something more mild such as a low profile handout of information
leaflets.

If Single handed - this gives the wrong message. It just looks
pathetic, one person on a street corner offering information.
Mob-handed - great! Good eye catching stuff. All in Ubuntu T shirts or
something. Maybe offer CDs if people smile at you.

The date/s are open. I can be in bracknell most times, parking is not
bad either.
Who is receptive to such an idea -and- is likely to be able to
participate in what would be a fun day?

(Anyone got a person-sized TUX suit?)(on stilts?)

--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391