[ubuntu-uk] Forgot his password after installing Ubuntu

Robin Menneer robinmenneer at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 18:33:51 BST 2007

I have a colleague who had help from a friend (more knowledgeable than I am)
in loading Ubuntu from the web via apple-mac and a PC emulation.  Between
the two of them, they have forgotten the Ubuntu password and don't think
that either wrote it down.  Is the only solution to load it again, or is
there a simple (it's got to be thickie-proof) short cut?  If a new load is
the only route, presumably,by default, it overwrites the earlier install?
Will Ubuntu go easily on or with Tiger/Leopard ?  I would have thought that
Ubuntu would co-exist happier with Unix-based Tiger than on a PC-emulation