[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu torrent tracker failed?

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Wed Apr 11 18:25:44 BST 2007

twager wrote:
> alan c wrote:
>>
>>> I cannot seem to get my ktorrent (2.1) to connect with the tracker.
>>> This applies to ubuntu and kubuntu - various versions - 6.06, 6.10,
>>> 7.04beta (note I am seeding not downloading these).
>>>
>>> I am get the torrent file from
>>>
>>> http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/releases.ubuntu.com/7.04/ubuntu-7.04-beta-desktop-i386.iso.torrent
>>>
>>> It tries to connect to
>>> torrent.ubuntu.com (port 6969)
>>> and fails.
>>>
>>> other torrents are no problem - sabayon, knopppix, theopencd, etc etc
>>>
>>> If something is wrong at this end I cannot see what it is. The other
>>> thought is that somehow the ubuntu torrent machine is broken?
>>> Has anyone got any other responses?
>>>

>> I have also now tried mirrors in other countries, however, since their
>> torrent files also point back to
>> torrent.ubuntu.com (port 6969) then they also fail.
>>
>> I conclude that probably not a single torrent for the ubuntu family
>> (from Ubuntu links) is functional, and from what I have seen, has not
>> been functional for a month or so.
>>
>> We are fast approaching the release of 7.04, and hopefully there will
>> be a lot of pressure on download mirrors, and torrents will be desirable.
>>
>> What can be done to get the torrent tracker working, who is the best
>> person to contact?
>>
> Just tried this here with k3b and it works ok..

I did not think k3b managed downloading via torrents?
The downloaded iso image itself by ftp etc etc is ok, no problem - I
check the md5sums anyway.
It is the particular process of downloading using torrents and their
trackers which seems to be the problem with ubuntu family of images
lately.
--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391