[ubuntu-uk] UKTeam meeting update

Tony Travis ajt at rri.sari.ac.uk
Wed Apr 11 17:15:58 BST 2007

TheVeech wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-04-11 at 09:58 +0100, Alan Pope wrote:
>> That kind of implies that there are no "learned rules" or "etiquette"
>> on the
>> [...]
>
> This is one of those areas where people mean well but tend to get
> carried away with their emotions and prejudices.
> [...]

I've been around mailing list for a long time, and nothing disappoints
me more than the enthusiasm with which people take up OTT arguments on
lists like this: It's usually about renaming the list, or what the list
'policy' is about OTT threads, or if the list should be moderated and
all sorts of other unimportant side issues that have little to do with
the reason the list was created for in the first place, which is to be
read by people with a common interest in the topic the list is about.

FWIW, I think TheVeech is right: You don't have to read any of this and
if you don't want to then don't. My criticism is that most of us don't
want quite such a detailed explanation of what is self evident. We just
want to talk to each other about Ubuntu, so let's do a bit more of that.

Best wishes,

	Tony.
Dr. A.J.Travis,                     |  mailto:ajt at rri.sari.ac.uk
Rowett Research Institute,          |    http://www.rri.sari.ac.uk/~ajt
Greenburn Road, Bucksburn,          |   phone:+44 (0)1224 712751
Aberdeen AB21 9SB, Scotland, UK.    |     fax:+44 (0)1224 716687