[ubuntu-uk] GetGNULinux.Org

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Wed Apr 11 10:26:44 BST 2007

On Wed, Apr 11, 2007 at 09:57:36AM +0100, Jim Kissel wrote:
> So do I, but some people at the local LUG have taken exception to it.

Heh. Linux User Groups are a great melting pot of opinions. They're great
for just this kind of zealotary stuff. :) and :(

> Even worse, I once commented to the effect that Ubuntu was the
> same/similar to Debian.  I got my head handed to me on a platter for
> that one, but oddly enough Ian Murdock thinks that Ubuntu-Debian are the
>   same.  "I do consider Ubuntu to be Debian"  Ian Murdock, Linux Format,
> LXF92 May 2007.

It's been said to me that Ian Murdock has been somewhat irrelavent to the
Linux (and indeed Debian) community for some years now, and very soon Sun
will realise that and want to sell him back to us.

Cheers,
Al.