[ubuntu-uk] GetGNULinux.Org

Toby Smithe tsmithe at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 11 09:12:40 BST 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-11 at 09:02 +0100, Jim Kissel wrote:
> Interesting results showing the tail is wagging the dog.  When ever the
> conversation took a turn down the GNU/Linux path, I always thought of:
>
> GNU/Linux/X/Apache/OOo/Gnome/KDE/add you favourite package here
>
> ...named operating system.

Ahh, but you see they aren't all necessarily common to all Linux
distributions, are they? The one thing that you can safely say, at least
currently, is that all Linux distributions have at least the Linux
kernel and GNU tools as a base system. They may not all bundle
"Gnome/KDE/add you favourite package here", but they do bundle the GNU
stuffs.