[ubuntu-uk] Here we go again...

Martin Fitzpatrick martin.fitzpatrick at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 22:48:16 BST 2006

On 26/09/06, alan c <aeclist at candt.waitrose.com> wrote:
> Martin Fitzpatrick wrote:
> [...]
> > Of course one problem is while computer illiterate people are least
> > able to fix broken updates, they are the most likely to require the
> > securit ones to keep their system safe.
>
> Understood, however, in normal use of another OS, it is not at all
> unusual to see that not only does the update itself take an
> extraordinary long time to appear, but the average user is not at all
> concerned and many do not update to avoid 'trouble' even when they are
> available.

Good point.  Personally I would be in favour of holding updates away
from less experienced users & effectively testing them on people
better able to deal with problems arising.  More importantly I think
it would be fairly easy to implement on the system end. It would also
help to improve the overall impression of stability/reliability for
Ubuntu.

Martin