[ubuntu-uk] Intel PRO 3945BG Wireless card under Dapper

Llywelyn Owen linux at spamtracker.co.uk
Thu Sep 21 22:55:31 BST 2006

I'm hopeful that I can get WLAN up and running on my HP Pavillion notebook
since the blue light shows it is active and it flickers when I try to
connect. However, that's as far as I get setting it up.

I have tried Wireless Assistant and Networking (under the Admin menu) but
neither with any success. I'm trying to connect to a WEP network and the
card sees it OK (at least it shows its ESSID) but I can't configure it to
actually connect. I've even tried turning off encryption without any
success.

Can one of you chaps point me in the right direction with regards to the
setup procedure, or alternative configuration application?

--
Regards

Llywelyn Owen