[ubuntu-uk] How about a Competition .... Prior to the Show.

Caroline Ford caroline.ford.work at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 21 16:36:07 BST 2006

On Wed, 2006-09-20 at 19:06 +0100, Nik Butler wrote:
> The competition requires you to recreate the Ubuntu Shipit CD Cover (
> the one with the Five people on it ) using members of your local Linux
> User group.
>
> The catch is that you must get a 100 Word comment from each member in
> the photo explaining how and why they use Ubuntu ?
>
> I personally have no means or mechanism with which to fund a prize ( I
> guess I could find something ! ) but the results would enable us all to
> return to our groups and our users and encourage them to take part.
>
> So ...
>
> Mad or Bad Idea ?
>
> You decide.....
I think the problem will be that the average LUG is all/majority white
men which is pretty un-Ubuntu as far as marketing goes.

A picture of geeks reinforces the stereotypes which we certainly don't
want.

Also a lot of LUGs meet monthly which won't give them time to put
something together before the expo. GLLUG's next meeting is actually at
the expo, for example.

Caroline