[ubuntu-uk] How about a Competition .... Prior to the Show.

Glenn J. Mason glenn at glennji.com
Thu Sep 21 12:18:29 BST 2006

> Personally, I don't think you should charge - if there is a charge,
> no-one will enter. If the primary aim is to get great content from the
> competition, you need the barrier to entry to be non-existent,
> particularly as entering involved a reasonable amount of effort (i.e.
> not just ticking a box).

I agree with this 100%.  Hey, here's a thought: Can we link into the edu efforts and get some kids to do this too?  Nothing cuter than kids.  (Don't believe me?  Look around YOUR user group! ;-P)  Actually, maybe bunnies wrapped in kittens, but it's a near thing.

> Could someone mail me with what kind of prizes you would expect?

Standard expo schwag?  Ubuntu T-shirts or mugs or something?  Or, if going for the kids, something they could share (digital camera? scanner? dunno).
--
Glenn J. Mason (glennji)