[ubuntu-uk] ubunto in college, was Re: Women, LinuxWorld, Stuff

Neil Greenwood neil.greenwood.lug at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 08:45:46 BST 2006

On 19/09/06, Caroline Ford <caroline.ford.work at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I'm tempted to do a linux course after my CCNA but I'm not sure the Cisco
> one is the best out there.

Caroline,

There's a good course on the IBM developer works site. You need a free
registration to look at the tutorials, there's a list here:
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/lpi/101.html?S_TACT=105AGX03&S_CMP=LPLINUX

If you want to go further, you can then take certification after
studying the tutorials. The certification is offered by the Linux
Professional Institute, and it's not based on any single distro.

There's also the Red Hat certifications, but they are specific to the
Red Hat/Fedora distros.

HTH,
Neil.