[ubuntu-uk] Setting up a LUG Was: Organising Local Meetings

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Tue Sep 19 19:42:50 BST 2006

On Tue, 2006-09-19 at 17:08 +0100, Gary Kearley wrote:
> All this talk of Scottish LUG meets makes me feel left out.
>
> Do we have any such meets in the Essex area?

I believe the East London LUG   [0] (which would be the closest) shut
down some time ago.

If you would like to take on the mantle and revive things in your area
then you could contact [1] the original chairman of the LUG and ask if
it's okay to take it over.

Alternatively you are welcome to setup your own LUG - as is anyone.
lug.org.uk can provide mailing list, web hosting and other support to
anyone who wants to setup a LUG. We currently host over 100 LUGs in the
UK. Not all of them of course - some have their own hosting - but a
significant chunk of them.

Cheers,
Al.
(One of the lug.org.uk admins).