[ubuntu-uk] Organising Local Meetings

Glenn J. Mason glenn at glennji.com
Tue Sep 19 15:51:13 BST 2006

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 15:22:45 +0100 (BST), Chadwick Longstaff <chad.longstaff at btinternet.com> wrote:
> I'm in Aberdeen.
>
> I'm a member of AberLUG, which isn't very busy (mainly
> because some members are rather elitist, IMHO); and of
> ScotLUG, which is thriving and a joy to be a part of,
> but I don't get enough opportunities to attend as they
> are based in Glasgow.
>
> Are there any others who'd be interested in getting a
> group, or three, or four, together to cover Scotland?

Hi, I'm newly in Edinburgh and occasionally make it to EdLUG meetings, who are quite active.  I did get some "why Ubuntu?  Why not Debian?" questions from certain other EdLUGgers (who perhaps haven't tried Ubuntu?) but it's still good fun (I'm sure I can convince at least some of them with demos).  I'd love to have a local-ish Ubuntu UK meeting, and I'd also be interested in a "moving" meeting for all Ubuntu UK members -- I'm from Australia originally and need an excuse to travel around the UK, after all!

-- glennji