[ubuntu-uk] Where does Ubuntu Dapper store its fonts?

Llywelyn Owen linux at spamtracker.co.uk
Sun Sep 17 16:12:24 BST 2006

I'm trying to locate the directory where Dapper stores it's fonts.
Specifically, where I can get my hand on the Dingbat font so that I can copy
it to another installation. I'm getting very frustrated with this seemingly
simple task. At least Windows keeps everything in the same directory.
Answers to this question on the web point me to .fonts in my home directory
but that is empty since I have not installed any additional fonts. I think
it must must be state secret.

--
Regards

Llywelyn Owen