[ubuntu-uk] Women, LinuxWorld, Stuff

ana ana_m at onetel.com
Fri Sep 15 23:06:44 BST 2006

Hi

Adam Bagnall wrote:
>     I was thinking earlier that as far as I'm aware the LoCoTeam has no
> female members. There must be some women in the UK who use Ubuntu?

Yes there are ... we are probably not often following this list?
> I've
> posted in the Ubuntu women section on the Ubuntu forums to see if I can
> generate any interest.

Any luck?
> I'm sure some of you have converted
> wives/friends/sisters/girlfriends/daughters etc. who could get involved.

No, i'm none of those.
> I'm sure that if there are women who need support for Ubuntu they would
> feel more comfortable meeting up with another woman.

Women who can offer support for Ubuntu also feel more comfortable
meeting u pwith other women if that is what it takes to meet with people
who do not automatically assume we need support :-p

>     I was also thinking that maybe it would be good to have a woman or 2
> at the LinuxWorld booth to show that it's not just geeky men who use
> linux?
I could be there if you say where it is and if I feel invited enough ...
> /me awaits inevitable comments about booth babes .

what?