[ubuntu-uk] Women, LinuxWorld, Stuff ++ peace of mind

ac "aec$news" at candt.waitrose.com
Tue Sep 12 22:52:18 BST 2006

Philip Wyett wrote:
[...]
> She is quite vocal about how much faster Ubuntu is over XP on the same
> PC and how GNU Linux provides her with the daily peace of mind because
> of it's security so she can just get on with what she wants to do

One of the notable things I notice now I use Linux generally as the
main OS is that I am convinced it has added 10 years to my life span!
Seriously.

I am not young any more and the effort and covert worry about windows
and its management by me - not a professional was getting to be quite
wearing. I take PC use and security reasonably seriously but not
obsessively, and linux works and I have reason to have confidence in it.

Peace of mind is not exactly something which catches the headlines of
todays news stories, but it is difficult to beat.
--
alan c