[ubuntu-uk] LinuxWorld planning page

nik nik at reducedhackers.com
Tue Sep 12 10:50:43 BST 2006

> carrier bags, leaflets, CDs and so on. How much do they read? What do
> you need to do to make yours stand out?

Well starters for ten for the ideas why not pick a theme from the LUG bof

Ubuntu ... Just Do It.

Of course ive removed the F bomb .

You right though people get hammered and bombed with literature, bags
and carriers. Why not run the usual marketing exercise and gather data.
Then in a couple of months you contact them through the UK community and
invite them to their Local Lugs, and Ubuntu events. This seems to be at
least in the spirit of the teams Jon envisaged ( Some Record label
metaphor if i recall correctly )

Ubuntu is clearly about Community and being involved so Id suggest we
use the boot to gather in people and get them involved after the event.
Rather than hope they will carry about our schwag.

Its also a good excuse not to just print schwag for the hell of it!

NIk