[ubuntu-uk] Getting the group going

Andy Ferguson andy at teknostatik.co.uk
Sun Sep 10 10:09:23 BST 2006

On Fri, 2006-09-08 at 09:31 +0100, Jono Bacon wrote:
> Howdy folks,

>  * Website. Get the website up and running.

I may be able to help with this, especially on the content side. If
someone can come up with a list of things that need writing, I can
certainly help write them, although as I'm currently in the process of
rewriting a very large website at work I may be a little slow in getting
things done.

>  * Events. There are quite a few possibilities for events. Not only do
> we have computer fairs across the country (see the Infopoint project
> (http://infopointproject.org/ for details of groups that demonstrate
> Linux at computer fairs). We could also organise sprints, hack-fests,
> installfests and more. :)

If the number of people who email me and ask me at work about Ubuntu are
anything to go by, I think we could organise a decent installfest
somewhere in the Midlands.

>  * News. It would be nice to post UK Ubuntu news on the website. Y'know,
> details of schools moving to Open Source, interesting events with Ubuntu
> speakers and teams, success stories and more. :)

On a related note, I was asked the other day if we had any Ubuntu mouse
mats for an IT lab in a secondary school. Do such things exist and how
would I go about procuring them?

Regards,

Andy
andy at teknostatik.co.uk