[ubuntu-uk] Getting the group going

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Sun Sep 10 02:30:43 BST 2006

Steve Smith wrote:
> On 08/09/06, Michael Wood <admin at x3n.me.uk> wrote:
>> Steve Smith wrote:
>>> Do you have ftp access to ubuntu-uk.org so that we can install xplanet
>>> (http://packages.debian.org/stable/graphics/xplanet) on there?

xplanet has a fair list of dependencies iirc; should be interesting :)

>> I have ssh access to the server and actually installed a planet
>
> Cool!
>
> Though xplanet is for the map, not a blog planet (I have got the right
> thing, yeh?)

Yeah, xplanet generates images of the planet, planetplanet generates an
aggregated blog from provided feeds, but i like the idea of the latter.
Another planet never hurt anyone :)  If we're adding feeds, this would be
best for my entry: http://neuro.me.uk/category/community/ubuntu/feed/

Putting irc nicks (or similar) in brackets after the name would help
identifying folk faster, i.e. Jeff Waugh [jdub] :)

--
_ __/|  William Anderson      |  Tim: Your cheese game is strong.
\`O_o'  neuro at well dot com | Zane: My cheese game. It's all about the