[ubuntu-uk] Getting the group going

Michael Wood admin at x3n.me.uk
Fri Sep 8 23:23:32 BST 2006

Steve Smith wrote:
> On 08/09/06, Matthew East <mdke at ubuntu.com> wrote:#
>
>> How about adapting the scripts that create
>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWorldwide to generate a map from the
>> launchpad group?
>>

> Despite my unhealthy fascination with all things Google (see
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-uk/2006-June/000457.html for
> some of my reasons), in the intrests of something that works and all
> in one place being better than something that doesn't exist or is
> haphazardly spread across two sites, I'd agree that's a great idea!
>
> If in the future we move on to a full separate ubuntu-uk.org site, we
> could vote on a change to a different map system.
>
> Do you have ftp access to ubuntu-uk.org so that we can install xplanet
> (http://packages.debian.org/stable/graphics/xplanet) on there?  (To
> clarify for anyone else joining the conversation, the script needs to
> be installed somewhere, but the jpg it outputs will be shown on the
> main wiki; also, the correct original link is
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWorldWide).
> Steve

I have ssh access to the server and actually installed a planet this
morning but didn't announce it as I was hoping to get
planet.ubuntu-uk.org subdomain setup for it first. You can find the
planet at http://www.ubuntu-uk.org/planet/
it hasn't been finished yet and currently just has default settings and
some feeds which were in the default config (though i added my blog ;)

However in getting the subdomain the admin of the box tells me that it's
developing a hard disk problem. So i'm just going to hold off spending
time on it until we know the situation with it more clearly.

Thanks,

Michael Wood