[ubuntu-uk] Getting the group going

Steve Smith steve.lists at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 8 20:06:35 BST 2006

On 08/09/06, Matthew East <mdke at ubuntu.com> wrote:#
> How about adapting the scripts that create
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWorldwide to generate a map from the
> launchpad group?

Despite my unhealthy fascination with all things Google (see
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-uk/2006-June/000457.html for
some of my reasons), in the intrests of something that works and all
in one place being better than something that doesn't exist or is
haphazardly spread across two sites, I'd agree that's a great idea!

If in the future we move on to a full separate ubuntu-uk.org site, we
could vote on a change to a different map system.

Do you have ftp access to ubuntu-uk.org so that we can install xplanet
(http://packages.debian.org/stable/graphics/xplanet) on there?  (To
clarify for anyone else joining the conversation, the script needs to
be installed somewhere, but the jpg it outputs will be shown on the
main wiki; also, the correct original link is
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWorldWide).

Steve