[ubuntu-uk] Flash's LED Stays On. (Was: ubuntu-uk Digest, Vol 17, Issue 2)

Chadwick Longstaff chad.longstaff at btinternet.com
Wed Sep 6 17:03:33 BST 2006

Ralph Corderoy <ralph at inputplus.co.uk> wrote:
That reminds me.  I've a 1 GiB flash USB drive.  It has a bright LED
that blinks off on accesses.  On `pumount /media/ralphs-usb' it flushes
some writes, blinking the light, and unmounts yet the light then stays
on.

However, on friends' machines running MS Windows on doing the `safely
remove ...' option (whatever it is) the light goes off and stays off.

I think that's good.  It helps confirm it's ready to pull out.  Do
others experience this difference?

Cheers,

Ralph.
the light is often off when it's not safe to unplug the device in windows? perhaps the ubuntu way of having the light constantly on is better...

Teh Chadster