[ubuntu-uk] Flash's LED Stays On. (Was: ubuntu-uk Digest, Vol 17, Issue 2)

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.co.uk
Wed Sep 6 15:22:58 BST 2006

Hi Chris,

> When you right click on a removable device in Dapper and tell it to
> unmount/eject, you get another progress window that shows the actual
> writing (and if you have a removable device with an LED on it that
> shows accesses, you'll notice that this is when it does most of its
> blinking).

That reminds me.  I've a 1 GiB flash USB drive.  It has a bright LED
that blinks off on accesses.  On `pumount /media/ralphs-usb' it flushes
some writes, blinking the light, and unmounts yet the light then stays
on.

However, on friends' machines running MS Windows on doing the `safely
remove ...' option (whatever it is) the light goes off and stays off.

I think that's good.  It helps confirm it's ready to pull out.  Do
others experience this difference?

Cheers,

Ralph.