[ubuntu-uk] Launchpad team created

Michael Wood admin at x3n.me.uk
Tue Sep 5 15:35:07 BST 2006

Tony,

In my mind this is for everyone, as my interpretation of the spirit of
ubuntu is that *everyone* has something to contribute and can get involved.

As for what it does. It's mainly for people who are trying to find out
about an ubuntu uk group who maybe want to get more involved. It
provides the means to register and be a member more formally than just
being signed up on the mailing list, for building a community I feel
this is quite important.

Tony Arnold wrote:
> Michael,
>
> On Tue, 2006-09-05 at 01:06 +0100, Michael Wood wrote:
>

>> I'm Michael Wood (X3N) you may remember me from such irc channels as
>> #ubuntu-uk,#lugradio and #gnome-uk on freenode. Or from such events as
>> Linux Expo and gnome uk meetups.
>>
>> The launchpad team has now been created for the ubuntu uk people.
>> https://launchpad.net/people/ubuntu-uk Please join it !
>>

> Is this for anyone in the UK who uses Ubuntu, or is it aimed at people
> who are contributing fixes etc? I'm not sure what it does for me that
> the mailing list doesn't, but then I'm not a big wiki or irc user.
>
> Regards,
> Tony.

Michael Wood