[ubuntu-uk] Dapper - Can't write to removable disks

Llywelyn Owen linux at spamtracker.co.uk
Mon Sep 4 09:46:08 BST 2006

I'm having some trouble writing to removable USB disks. Although drag and drop
seems to work ie I can see and open the moved/copied file/directory, when I
try to open it in SUSE 10.1 it's not there, occasionally it will succeed in
copying to the disk but very rarely. The same happens with a USB HDD, I even
get the copy progress meter, but again nothing there. Everything works fine
in the opposite direction ie SUSE ---> Dapper

I've tried other non linux OSs and it works OK, but not under Dapper even
after a VFAT reformat. Is a permission issue?

Any help would be well appreciated, it's getting to the point that I'm
beginning to think Windows thoughts about Dapper!

Regards

Llywelyn Owen