[ubuntu-uk] Screencasting was: for those unsure how to get on to irc..

Tony Arnold tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk
Tue Oct 31 16:40:44 GMT 2006

Alan,

Alan Pope wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 10:43:17AM +0000, David Morley wrote:
>> for those unsure how to get on to irc here is a short how-to
>> www.davmor2.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/gaimopen.html
>>

> Alternatively you can watch a video about it :)
>
> "I made this"
>
> http://quickones.org/videos/20061031_xchat.ogg

That is really brilliant! As I've not really used IRC much before, I
actually learned a few things too!

> * Run xwininfo to find out the xwindows window-id of the qemu window

Presumably this ID is fed to recordmydesktop?

> * Run recordmydesktop specifying the option to NOT record audio.

Is that because the sound recording int recordmy desktop is poor or is
it a human interaction thing?

Regards,
Tony.
E: tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk, H: http://www.man.ac.uk/Tony.Arnold