[ubuntu-uk] Some PC builder advice please

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Mon Oct 30 21:19:11 GMT 2006

Neil Winters wrote:
> Hi, I haven't posted here before although I've been using Linux since
> 2000 and Ubuntu for about a year. To be honest my question isn't
> directly related to Ubuntu but I'm hoping someone will help.
>
> I'm looking to replace the PC my kids use this Christmas with
> something suitable to play their 3D games (albeit on Windows). I've
> seen a machine advertised on the Mesh site with Intel Duo 2 Core, 1Gb
> Ram, 250Gb HDD, 19" widescreen TFT, 512Mb GPU etc etc. I see it as a
> good buy at £699 but I haven't heard much about Mesh before and so
> was looking for some feedback.
>
> If anyone has good or bad comments to make on Mesh I'll be glad to
> hear them. Indeed, any alternative suppliers would be welcome too.
>
> Of course, it goes without saying I'll have Ubuntu on ASAP, just need
> to get the holidays over first.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Neil

Mesh have been around for quite a long time.  I think they probably keep
their prices down because they are a mail order only company (rather
than having the expense of retail stores).  Whenever I have read a
review about a Mesh PC they have always been good positive reviews.  It
might be worth checking the PC magazines (Computer Shopper, Personal
Computer World etc) to see if they have any reviews (maybe they might
have something on their web site).

Hope this helps.

Rob