[ubuntu-uk] Fwd: Ubuntu and D-Link DWL-G122.

Alan Rogers ubuntu at dreamgenius.net
Fri Oct 27 12:09:04 BST 2006

Andrew

You missed a potentially important piece of information, being the
hardware revision. Petty, I know, but D-Link used three different
chipsets across the three hardware versions of this USB dongle!

I have Rev B, which I believe is a Ralink chipset, and I couldn't get
this to work under Ubuntu 6.06 with Gnome Desktop. However, when I
installed Kubuntu 6.06, with KDE Desktop, I was able to configure it
to work using Wireless Assistant and I didn't touch the command line
once.

I'd be inclined to install Kubuntu into RAM using the Live CD and see
if he can get it working using my method. If he can, install from
there, which should preserve his working configuration - it did mine.

Best of luck

Alan

On 27/10/06, ubuntu-uk-request at lists.ubuntu.com