[ubuntu-uk] South West Group

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Thu Oct 19 16:03:46 BST 2006

Sean Miller wrote:
> Rob Beard wrote:
>
>> If there isn't a South West group, I would be happy to set something up
>> to cover Devon, Cornwall, and Somerset which are areas that the members
>> of the Devon & Cornwall GLUG cover (as far as I know they don't
>> officially cover Somerset but we have a couple of members in Somerset
>> and I have other links to Somerset).
>>

> As far as I know my LUG is the only one in Somerset, the Linux User
> Group of Glastonbury.
>
> http://lugog.org.uk
>
> The current plan is to meet twice a month in several venues - the
> shortlist at present is a pottery just north of Yeovil, a workshop in
> Somerton and the Glastonbury ICT Centre.
>
> Sean

Ahh I see.  I wonder if it would be a good idea to get the South West
LUGs (Devon & Cornwall GLUG, Linux User Group of Glastonbury and the
Dorset Lug - and any other LUGs in the South West that I may have missed
off) to setup a South West Group?

I generally only go as far as Taunton with work, although my work do
have a small site in Yeovil Town Centre.

Rob