[ubuntu-uk] Subject: Re: Project Proposal

Mark Forster xyzmjf at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 21:51:35 BST 2006

Andy

>Message: 10
>Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 15:19:14 +0100
>From: stude.list at googlemail.com
>Subject: Re: [ubuntu-uk] Project Proposal

> Is the original poster around still?

Yes indeed.

>A sum up of the files Mark Forster suggested:
>CCP1gui - NOT FOUND
>Ghemical - Universe, Dapper and Edgy
>MOPAC - Closest match: libmopac7-0 Universe, Dapper and Edgy
>(is that the file you meant?)

Yes, the MPOAC executable will also be built if f2c is present.

>OTHER science apps.......

One other option to packaging is that some/all of the applications could be
compiled for the Linux standard base (LSB), thus providing binary
compatibility across several distros. Ubuntu meets LSB 3.1 as I understand
it.

This link shows how a C/C++ program compilation would be done to meet LSB
compliance.
http://www.freestandards.org/en/Developers/LSB_Tutorial

regards

Mark