[ubuntu-uk] Torrent Client!

Adam Challis adam at adamchallis.co.uk
Sat Oct 14 19:39:51 BST 2006

I've become partial to rTorrent.

Had to compile it from source for the latest version but I like the
following features.

* can control from anywhere as it's ncurses based so I can ssh in to my box
and control it
* You can set it up so that it monitors a folders for a new torrent file,
and automatically start it downloading. This combined with scp is pretty
useful :)
* running it within screen means that I can have it constantly running in
the background.

The only drawback is if you don't like working within a terminal window.

Adam.

  _____

Virus Database (VPS): 0641-4, 13/10/2006
Tested on: 14/10/2006 19:39:51