[ubuntu-uk] Getting approved

Jono Bacon jono at ubuntu.com
Thu Oct 12 09:48:45 BST 2006

Hi,

> From the experience section it outlines "advocacy, translations,
> exhibitions, support or other activities" as potential requirements.
>
> Should we have done those as a group under the name of $LOCO-TEAM or is the
> sum of the parts good enough? i.e. I and others here provide support via the
> ticket system, but we don't necessarily sign off "This help has been brought
> to you by Ubuntu-UK!" :)
>
> Can you clarify?

This is a good point, and I will clarify it in the docs too. I would
like to see the group have this experience as a group. All groups
typically start with motivated people, but I am keen to see this
motivation manifest as something in groups that want approval. Now, in
terms of ubuntu-uk its a bit different because I have been more
involved.

This process not is not hugely bureaucratic - if I know a team is
showing promise, I will consider that. The aim of the application is to
give me a good solid grounding in the group.

	Jono

--
Jono Bacon
Ubuntu Community Manager