[ubuntu-uk] Firefox, iceweasel and Thunderbird

gord gordallott at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 20:35:11 BST 2006

you might want to take a look at this article
( http://www.linux.com/article.pl?sid=06/10/09/1434251 ) to see how
thunderbird escaped the wrath of trademark issues.

"If any of this sounds faintly familiar, it may be because a similar
issue arose prior to the last Debian version release, Sarge, and dates
as far back as 2004. At that time, the dispute centered around the use
of trademarks for Mozilla's Thunderbird. "Eventually an agreement was
struck whereby we could use the name without the logo and it was up to
the Mozilla Foundation to keep an eye on the Debian packages to make
sure they met the level of quality they expected," said Dorland. "Now
the trademark has been moved to the Mozilla Corp. and they feel that
agreement isn't strong enough.""

On Wed, 2006-10-11 at 20:04 +0100, stude.list+ubuntuuk at googlemail.com