[ubuntu-uk] (no subject)

Baza baza at themauvezone.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Oct 10 21:14:48 BST 2006

On 10 Oct 2006, at 21:08, STONE COLD wrote:

> i presume that means changing the system file?
>

>> On 10 Oct 2006, at 20:49, STONE COLD wrote:
>>
>>> Is this the only way to change it? is there not a simpler way for
>>> this?

>> You could use gedit, tho you'll need to run this as 'root' to write
>> to etc/X11/
>>
>> Baza

Yeah, gedit is a graphical editor, like notepad on windows. You can
reconfigure the X11 file using, if I remember the code right, sudo
dpkg reconfigure xserver-xorg this takes you through a question and
answer session that will write you a new xorg.conf at the end. But
really, editing the xorg.conf file 'by hand' is easy.

Baza
Site http://walkertopia.com
Blog http://walkertopia.com/blog
http://www.myspace.com/m14forever