[ubuntu-uk] (no subject)

Matthew Saunders me3ohm at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 21:02:00 BST 2006

Have you looked at your local Linux User Groups?  They can be found at
http://www.lugs.org.uk, select Groups/List  from the left side, and
then your region from near the top of the page.

I run a LUG for the region around me, but what you would benefit from
is sitting down with a local and going through these things.  I don't
know what other LUGs are planning at the moment, but traditionally at
a lug meeting things can be talked through, etc.  Where abouts do you
come from?

We haven't had a meeting for a while.  I work at a college and we have
had registration, the new students, staff returning, a server
migration, and to top it off - we got struck by lightning that
stripped through around 50 network cards, many switches, killing them.
 (some etherkiller!)  It is all so busy.  I've starting neglecting my
70 servers by spending most my day fixing PCs, well, the Linux Servers
ones don't need much attention :)  We email each other and a lot of
the members are in the same boat at work as well anyway :(

Matthew