[ubuntu-uk] Help: Firefox, RealPlayer, and a headset

David Morley davmor2 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 11:54:59 BST 2006

On 10/10/06, South Walney Information Management <info at swimbarrow.co.uk> wrote:

> I do also like to listen to  Radio 4 and sometimes Radio 3 while I work,
> and herein lies the problem.
>
> I have set the headset to be my default sound card.  This works fine for
> system sounds, Rhythmbox, and just about everything else.  But the
> radio, playing through Firefox/RealPlayer, ignores the headset and goes
> straight through the VIA soundcard to the external speakers.  This is
> rather less than satisfactory, and I can't seem to find a way to change
> settings in RealPlayer or Firefox.  Can anybody help me here?

I'm not sure on this but all the plugins for firefox are listed in
Tools/Add-ons/Extentions (tab)

If you look down the list see if realplayer is listed under this if it
is then click on preferences and see if you can change the default
audio device.

If it isn't listed then do you have realplayer installed on your
machine aswell as the plugin if so try changing the default audio
device in that and see if that changes the settings for your plugin
too.

--
Seek That Thy Might Know